Easy and Delicious Oatmeal recipe with butternut Squash and Cinnamon for a healthy and vibrant breakfast.Jump to Recipe
It presents many health benefits that can be traced to the presence of loads of Vitamin A. The various Carotenoids found in butternut squash may also have their anti-oxidant effect on the body.
There should definitely be no incidents of Vitamin A deficiency which is the cause of many diseases.
It contains a wide range of minerals but the best part is that it is low in calories. Is that not so much consolation? So even if you have to eat a large portion raw or in soup form, no alarm.
Since it is a common vegetable, it is one that can help when you are on a budget. The fact that you can always have access to fresh ones all year round is an added advantages.
So why not give a shot to this very yummy and nutritious vegetable. You can use it in so many ways to add color, flavor and nourishment all in one plate.
On a healthy eating lifestyle journey, a low calorie but nutritious meal always makes life easier.
This recipe uses Butternut Squash and Cinnamon together, just like a combination of two heroes.
You can make your own tweaks to fit your choice of flavor and taste, but this is a keeper.
One easy way to add it to your diet may be to substitute it for other starchy vegetables like Pumpkin, Potato and sweet Potatoes.
More Butternut Squash and Oatmeal Recipes;
- Butternut Squash and Bacon Risotto
- Butternut Squash Ginger and creamed Coconut Soup
- Pumpkin Ginger and Cinnamon Oats
- Orange Almond Oatmeal Recipe
- Savory and tasty Oatmeal with Egg
- Coconut Milk and Lime Oatmeal
Butternut Squash and Cinnamon Oats
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ large butternut squash part pureed and part grated
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground ginger powder
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ red Apple sliced
- Place the Oats, Raisins, Cinnamon and ginger powder in a bowl and add water, cover and leave to soak overnight.
- In the morning pour the contents into a large cooking pan and stir in the grated and pureed squash. Cook for about 5-10 mins on medium heat, stirring frequently, until the oats are cooked and the squash is soft.
- Add the honey, Apple and milk, stir and serve hot. You can keep extra batch in the fridge for breakfast on busy days.