I just couldn’t resist the urge to put this healthy and delicious easy to prepare dish out here for you. So here you go.
I promised to share awesome, healthy and easy recipes for healthy eating. And I love to deliver on my promises.
Regardless of the weather, you will love this simple and comforting soup. It is a way to enjoy a cozy and yet clean meal.
The soup is filling and packed full of Vitamins and fibers from healthy vegetables.
Having a healthy Soup after a long and busy day can help ease the day’s stress entirely.
It also freezes well so it’s perfect to prep ahead and heats up fine. So you have a warm meal like a hug waiting for you after the day’s stress.
This soup can be adjusted to fit a vegetarian diet just by replacing the chicken broth and stock cubes for vegetable ones.
For a meaty version of this recipe try this Cabbage Chicken soup
If you are a soup lover you will find more easy and delicious soup recipes below
Cabbage Carrot and White Beans Soup
- ½ small white cabbage
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 carrots
- 6 small potatoes
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cube chicken stock
- 3½ cups Chicken or vegetable broth (900ml)
- 2 can white kidney beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Add a tbsp. oil to a large pot over medium heat. Fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes and then add the chopped cabbage. Lower the temperature slightly and cook the ingredients for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to stop from sticking to the pan
- Add the roughly cubed potato, carrots, and mixed herbs. Continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in 2 cups of boiling water, add salt and pepper and adjust to taste. You can also add a sprinkle of herbs at this point if necessary
- Add the stock cube, bring to a boil, then reduce the temperature so the water is
just bubbling and cook for 20 minutes
- Allow the stew to rest for five minutes and serve.