Rice has always been a favorite from when we were kids so looking for ways to make a light rice dish?
This mouth-watering and healthy recipe is the way to go. The kids especially will glory in the flavor and taste.
It is one of those simple yet awesome dishes where nobody asks about the ingredients.
The good thing is, you can even make a vegetarian version by swapping just two of the ingredients.
It is versatile and you get to add a variety of ingredients to make your own version and tweaks.
It wows the taste buds every time it is served.
You may also like
Easy and Healthy vegetable Rice recipe
- 2 sausages
- 1 large onion
- 1 spring onion
- 4 red tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 2 cups spinach
- 6 sundried tomatoes
- ½ cup diced cheddar
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1½ cups rice
- 4 cups boiling water
- ½ clove garlic
- red pepper and salt
- Cook the rice by pouring the water, rice, ½ garlic clove, and salt into a large pot and heating through to infuse for 2 minutes. Then add the water and cook as normal. Drain and reserve the cooked rice in a large mixing bowl
- Cut the sausages lengthways and then dice into tiny cubes. Finely slice the onion and mince the garlic
- Add a tbsp. oil to a non-stick frying pan and fry the sausage, garlic and onion over medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add to the rice and stir together
- Finely dice the pepper, sundried tomato, spring onion, cheddar cheese, spinach, and tomatoes, and add to the rice. (If using canned tomato, drain off the liquid and add the tomato only)
- Pour in the soya sauce and mix well. Taste test, season with salt and pepper and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice. If you want to take this to the next level add a handful of peanuts and some chopped coriander