Breakfast is the most important meal of the day on a healthy eating lifestyle. It is the meal that determines your eating habits for the remaining part of the day.
It sets you up for a productive day and it helps you curb cravings and overeating.
So if you are planning for breakfast, you could as well make it feel like royalty.
This rich and delicious Toasted bread with bacon, eggs, and cheese is a perfect meal to start your day.
Even though this rich sandwich is tagged breakfast, it can be eaten at any time of the day from breakfast to dinner.
You can make a vegetarian version by replacing the bacon with Sun-dried tomatoes.
You could also swap the tomato and avocado for caramelized onion and garlic butter mushrooms.
And if the tomato is not a favorite for you or your picky eater, you could replace it with grilled or pan-fried pepper.
More Breakfast and egg recipes;
- Quick and easy Omelette with Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Toasted Egg and Bacon Sandwich
- Perfect Scrambled egg on toast
- Easy and delicious Egg Roll-ups
- Garlic Butter Mushroom on Toast
Egg, Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Rasher bacon
- ½ cup grated cheese
- ½ spring onion
- ½ pitted avocado
- 4 slices bread
- 1 tomato or grilled pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- Prep the ingredients for your masterpiece. Finely chop the spring onion, grate ¼ cup cheddar cheese and slice the tomato and avocado
- Add 1 tbsp. of oil to a non-stick frying pan and fry the bacon on a medium/high heat for 2 minutes. Move the bacon to one side and break the egg into the pan. Sprinkle the spring onion onto the egg with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Turn the bacon and let it cook until the desired crispiness. (I like mine crispy and let it cook for 4-5 minutes in total. Put the bread on to toast. The egg should finish cooking at roughly the same time. If you like a runny yolk, remove the egg from the heat as soon as the white has set
- Lay out your toast and stack the ingredients. Try adding the cheese between the bacon and egg so that it melts from the heat.
- Serve hot with a cup of tea