What do you do when you come home hungry and exhausted after a long day of work.
You have to eat but you are tired and you are on a healthy eating lifestyle journey. So you know better than to take the unhealthy way out (just order something).
But staying in the kitchen and preparing a healthy meal for hours is definitely not an option.
Well, there are many meals you can prepare on short notice and this fresh Frittata with cheese and tomatoes is a lifesaver.
It can be eaten cold or hot and is perfect for breakfast, packed lunch, brunch, and dinner. Practically any time of the day is a perfect time.
All you need is vegetables, eggs along with a few more ingredients you may already have.
Get More Easy and Quick Egg Recipes
- Quick and easy Omelette with Sundried Tomatoes
- Toasted Egg and Bacon Sandwich
- Perfect Scrambled Egg on Toast
- Easy and Delicious Egg Roll-ups
- Egg Bacon and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
Fresh Frittata with Cheese and Mushroom
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tomatoes
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 spring onions
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ⅛ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp mustard
- 4 mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add cream, a good pinch of salt and pepper, the mixed herbs and grated cheese. Beat with a whisk or fork until well mixed
- Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic, then chop the remaining ingredients into approx. 1-2cm pieces
- Add 1 tbsp. oil to a non-stick frying pan and fry the bacon, onion and garlic together over medium heat for 2 minutes. Then add the vegetables and pan-fry for another 3 minutes
- Pour in the egg mixture and arrange the ingredients in the pan so there is even coverage. Cook gently for 5-6 minutes before placing under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes to give a golden top