These garlic butter mushrooms are nothing but fantastic. The mix of flavors just heavenly.
The last time I checked, Mushrooms are healthy and much better than meat. So if you want to give the veggie diet a try, know that you will have fun with it.
It is a completely vegetarian option for non-meat eaters. If you are not a vegetarian and are not seeking to become one, then be warned.
You just might become a convert.
Who said vegetarians eat boring food for lack of meat. I could have these over and over again and not get bored.
Now I understand how vegetarians survive without meat. If you eat this regularly, you won’t miss meat for even a second.
You could also replace the mushrooms for courgette, they will still taste great.
When cooking the mushrooms, keep a constant watch and test taste after a couple of minutes. Remove from heat before they get overcooked.
More Recipes with toast
- Toasted Egg and bacon Sandwich
- Perfect Scrambled egg on toast
- Egg, bacon and cheese breakfast sandwich
Garlic Butter Mushroom on toast
- 8 mushroom
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ spring onion
- 1 tsp butter
- salt and pepper
- Slice the mushrooms about ½ cm thick and melt one tbsp. butter into a non-stick pan over a medium heat
- Fry the mushrooms for 2 minutes before adding the chopped garlic, spring onion, and a good pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook for a further 2-4 minutes until the mushrooms are soft with a small bite
- Serve with hot buttered toast