We all know how important it is to take breakfast everyday, and we know we should never skip it. But that is in most cases, easier said than done.Jump to Recipe
Sometimes it’s your hectic lifestyle getting in the way. And sometimes you don’t just find the motivation to prepare a healthy one.
But having healthy breakfasts full of vegetables and fruits that taste like treats is within reach.
And talking about motivation, that is not going to be a problem anymore once you have tasted this smoothie.
You will love how tasty and refreshing it is, a boost to start your day right.
The secret of this smoothie is the pineapple, and it is best to get a very ripe and juicy one.
Once you taste it, you will hardly remember you added greens to it. And extra bonus; it is loaded with anti-aging properties.
What’s in this smoothie?
Silken tofu contains a good amount of Protein and all major essential amino acids needed by the body.
Baby Spinach is rich in follate, iron and other beneficial ingredients.
Oranges and pineapples are loaded with vitamin C that helps to absolve the nutrients found in spinach. They also help you burn energy all through the day.
There is really no need to add sweetener to this smoothie, it is already tasty. But if you want to oblige your sweet tooth, adding a tablespoon of honey will do.
How to prepare the Smoothie;
Remove all ingredients from freezer about 5 minutes before blending.
Place all ingredients in a blender or blending bullet.
Blend on high until all ingredients are smooth and creamy, add more juice if required.
Serve in glasses, garnish with pineapple and enjoy chilled.
More Smoothie recipes you may like;
Fresh Breakfast Green Smoothie
- 1 cup ripe pineapple cut into chunks and frozen
- 3 handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 2 small oranges peeled and frozen
- ½ cup orange or pineapple juice or more if desired
- ½ cup silken tofu
- Prepare all the ingredients as specified. Take out the frozen ingredients out of the freezer at least 5 minutes prior to blending.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or blending bullet.
- Blend until everything comes together, possibly adding extra liquid if the mixture seems too thick.
- Pour into a serving glass for a fresh breakfast that’s impossible to skip.