Turning leftovers into new and delicious treats is one of the fun things you can do in your kitchen.
And we are here to show you how.
Growing up, life wasn’t easy for my parents but they always managed to get good food on the table somehow.
But then we kids were just too picky ( I wish we knew how hard they were trying) we would throw away whatever was leftover. That is if we manage to eat what was cooked.
You only know when you start looking after yourself and others (damn! it’s not easy) which is too late.
Now I have to look for ways to use up leftovers in a way that everyone will beg to have them. Isn’t that funny?
You simply combine them with new ingredients and pan fry them and viola! You have a masterpiece.
Pan-fried Spaghetti Cakes
- Leftover spaghetti with creme fraiche spinach chorizo sauce
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk together with the grated cheddar cheese (and the minced garlic
- Add the spaghetti w/ Crème Fraiche spinach and chorizo sauce and thoroughly mix together
Add 1 tbsp. oil to a non-stick frying pan and heat to medium. Pour in the noodle mixture and spread over the entire pan like a big pancake, (press down to around 1-2 cm thick).
- Cook over low heat for 10-12 minutes then turn the cake. (To flip the cake, use a spatula to loosen the base then place a plate on top of the noodles and turn the pan over. The cake will come out and can then be slid back the other side up).
- Add 1 tbsp. oil and cook the other side for 8-10 minutes. Slide onto a plate and serve with a fresh carrot and courgette ribbon salad