When it comes to breakfast, healthy, fast and cheap is usually what you want to look out for.
Since the morning time is a rush period and you don’t want to risk getting late for work or not eating home-cooked food altogether.
Because in the end, home-cooked food is still the best way to eat healthy and save some money.
You can get as creative as you want with oats, so try as many versions of oatmeal recipes as possible and find out your favorites.
The beauty is, even if you can’t cook, you can make a decent meal of oats because they are so easy to make.
Make a hot and comforting breakfast in just a few minutes with this savory and tasty oatmeal recipe.
It is easy and ready in just about 10 to 15 minutes. The addition of eggs makes for a more filling and nutritious meal to start your day.
Want more Delicious Oatmeal recipes?
- Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Oats
- Coconut Milk and Lime Oatmeal
- Mixed Berries Breakfast Oats
- Butternut Squash Cinnamon Oatmeal
Savory and Tasty Oatmeal with Egg
- 2 cups rolled Oats
- 3 cups water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 cups finely chopped Scallions
- ½ cup sharp cheddar, grated
- 1 tsp butter
- Cayenne, garlic powder
- 4 Eggs
- Cook the oatmeal with scallions, a bit of cayenne, garlic powder and salt.
- Just before it’s done, add cheese and stir then remove from heat. Melt the butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Crack in the eggs, then cover. Fry until the yolks are runny but the whites are cooked, then top each bowl of oats with one fried egg!