For a healthy lunch or dinner idea, check out this vibrant and tasty dish of crunchy vegetables and noodles.
We all try to add as many vegetables to our diet as possible. And for those of us that don’t love them much, we look for subtle ways to achieve that.
The aim of this dish is to be able to eat vegetables while they are still fresh and crunchy. And like I said, healthy doesn’t have to be boring.
It is filling, easy to prepare and delicious. Something else to trick your taste buds and those of your picky eaters into eating healthy.
Since we are aiming for crunchy, it is best to test try at intervals to achieve the best texture possible.
Healthy Stir-fry Vegetables with Noodles
- 2 portion spaghetti
- 2 medium carrots
- 1½ courgettes
- 1 red pepper
- 8 mushroom
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cm ginger
- 3 spring onions
- ½ cup salted peanuts
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp of chicken stock
- Cut and prep all the vegetables before heating the frying pan. Put the rice
noodles on to cook and once ready, drain and set aside
- Dice the onion and very finely mince the ginger and garlic, then cut the carrot and the pepper into thin strips and slice the courgette and mushroom into similar pieces
- Spread 1 tbsp of oil into a wok or large pan, and add a pinch of salt. Stir-fry the onion, garlic, ginger and 3 tbsp of stock over medium for 3 minutes
- Add the carrot, peanuts, and another 3 tbsp. stock and cook for 2 minutes before adding the mushroom, courgette and soya sauce
- Gently stir-fry for 4-6 minutes or until the veg are cooked but have retained a little crunch. Add the noodles and heat through
- Test taste and add seasoning if necessary.
- Serve hot.