This Taco Soup can serve as a refreshing alternative to a cold bowl of cereal or anything less healthy.
I know they say soups are for colder days but even on a hot and cranky day, this delicious taco soup will brighten your mood.
It can be topped with your choice toppings Nacho chips, cheese, crispy tortilla or sour cream for a more adventurous feel.
If you want a more spicy feel to this soup you could use hot Ro-tel and make sure when you are planning to do that you don’t have children eating from it.
If you do have children eating from it you have to go for the mild one and don’t worry, it’s spicy enough and everyone will love it even the picky eaters.
The soup is an easy and quick recipe for fall and winter cool season and perfect for adding your own touch and variations.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp ground turkey
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 15oz can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can red beans drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 15oz can Mild Ro-tel
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Sour cream for garnishing
- Diced avocado for garnish
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, add onion and cook for about 2mins and add garlic, cook for another 2mins then add turkey and cook until properly cooked
- Add beans, corn, tomatoes and taco seasoning, bell pepper and broth
- Cook for about 25 mins and garnish then serve
You should make sure to buy the low sodium version of all the listed ingredients for better taste and flavor.
If you or anyone you cook for don’t like the texture of cooked tomatoes, something that can help is to pulse the tomatoes in the blender before use.
This soup is a perfect make-ahead for when you are busy and need a fast, healthy and delicious meal. It gets better with time.